Wednesday, March 9, 2016

This Is Just The Beginning...

Hello People of the World and All of its Inhabitants!! 

     My name is Asher Michelson, and I will now be embarking on what is hopefully going to be an enlightening journey and experience. I, through the training I have thus far received from being involved in my AICE Medias Studies (AS) class, will be composing what will be a magnificent film opening before your very eyes. Don't believe me? Well... guess you'll just have to stick out this journey with me and see for yourself.

     I would say I am a pretty creative individual, so when I need to come up with project ideas I usually go through this totally random and irrational process I've invented in my mind that seems to usually work out:

1) I consider the subject: I decided to create a film opening, so what is the first thing that pops into my mind. Hmmmmm.... Genre! Now what genre do I want my film opening to represent (remember I do this all on the spot)... Why not a psychological thriller and horror combo?! Yes! Perfect!

2) Think of five, unplanned, random things that I'll somehow put together to inspire a plot or idea that I could relate to what I just came up with in my previous step: 
  • Technology
  • Trapped
  • Anonymous
  • The Deep Web
  • Video Show
3) Now, I put these two random processes together and I'll illustrate possible ideas for stories in my head that I'll list freely below. As you can tell this process I have has very little rhyme or reason, but trust me, it will bring me to an idea I promise!

  • Hit man becomes the hunted in a futuristic word (Nah...)
  • An online hacker is forced to do the bidding of some higher digital power or horrible things will begin to happen (No, too similar to a movie called Eagle Eye [2008])
  • A woman wakes up trapped on an online torture/murder show and manages to escape just in time (Ding! Ding! Ding! I think I have a winner!)

     See this creative process for idea making works! Sparks are now flying in my head as ideas begin to flow throughout my psyche and I create this beautiful landscape of possible movie opening scenes revolving around the concept I came up with in my mind (all while sitting at my school desk... you'd never realize all this wonderfulness is happening now in my brain if you saw me here just typing, but trust me, magic is occurring and it is awesome).

So... Now what...?

Well now I create what will be the most incredible high school student made movie opening of all time!

     Here's my current short-term plan moving forward. I need to first research a ton about psychological thrillers and horror movie conventions when it comes to the genre and movie openings. In order to do this, I will be viewing various movie openings and comparing them to what is said to be typical genre conventions, and through this process, I will come to a conclusion. I hope to view a wide scope of movie openings pertaining to this genre as to really get a feel to what I know I need to stick with when creating my opening, and maybe what genre conventions I can be a bit more flexible with when outlining my film. Also, I need to take this idea I came up with for the film opening and create a concrete story base for it. In order to do this I need to research topics/recourses that will aid me in making the ideas I currently have credible ones that are relatable to the real world and not just my own mind. With accomplishing these short-term tasks I'll have a better understanding of what I am aiming to attain for this project.

This is going to be AWESOME. 

No comments:

Post a Comment