Saturday, March 26, 2016

My Actress / Filming Day 1

Today Is A Good day! And you know why? Because I filmed a majority of my project today!!!! AHHHHHHHH! YAAAAASSSSS!

Before I tell you about how my filming went, here is a photo of the actress I asked to help me with the film.
(Jordanne Cantrill)

     I selected Jordanne because she is such an incredible actress. She is an active member in my schools theater and drama department and has even won many awards in the subject. She is diverse in her ability to play any character, and being a friend of mine, this was truly a lot of fun filming (during all the intense scenes we broke down laughing many times it was wonderful).

     I also decided to go with a woman for my film opening because women have that ability to bring a very vulnerable feel to a scene, and sticking with actual facts, most people that are portrayed in Red Rooms are helpless women. I really wanted Jordanne to embody the female protagonist from the movie The Strangers (2008) meets the female character from The Eye (2008) [both links and video links to these movies can be found in the blog post I created yesterday]. She needed to seem helpless, desperate, and alone, and I think I managed to do that excellently. 

     I played a lot with the lighting, did lots of jerky fast shots, etc. All of the research I did combined with the amazing acting skills of Jordanne really aided me in getting an ample amount of good content I will soon be editing. 

(Shot from today's shoot)

With utilizing my garage to my advantage, and by varying the lighting, I was able to create the atmosphere very similar to a scene from Halle Berry's 2013 movie The Call that really did an excellent job at creating that claustrophobic cramped evil space I was looking for.


Now that I will begin editing, I will be updating all of you as to how it goes, for I only have one more scene I need to film before all of my filming process is over, but today proved that all the hard work and effort I put into my research paid off. :)

Also, I ended up giving up on trying to get approval from different labels to get songs because none would answer me back. Like what is wrong with these people! So I am incorporating music in a very different way that will be very exciting (I'll be using non-copy written piano music), but I think I want to keep that a secret of how I am utilizing it for now. 

Till next time,

XOXO

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment