Friday, March 25, 2016

Location Location Location

Hello... It's me... I was wondering if after all this time you'd like to start... FILMING!

Yay! I get to start filming after this next post or two!

        Today I will discuss my findings with my location search! Now, like my previous research said, I need to find a location that will make my character seem utterly alone and isolated. And due to the fact most Red Rooms are shot in wear house or locked room like places, I went on a search to find the best place to film my opening.

     First I thought of my garage at my house because it can facilitate high and low key lighting, the closed space can bring a feel of claustrophobia with no windows, and the look of a mostly empty space with a few items makes it feel like any ordinary garage (which is just what I'm looking for because no Red Room set has ever actually been in a nice, well put together location).

    Photos I took:

     I want my film, like this scene I will link below from the psychological thriller movie The Eye (2008), to feel very intense with the main focus on the character while there is still commotion and stuff in the background that will entice the audience. 


     After some further location searching, I found my garage was the perfect place to shoot my film because it was obviously so convent for me, and it provided that tight, industrialized, light/dark space I was eagerly looking for. Also, I don't know any abandoned wear houses nearby and if I did I'd probably be too sketched out to actually go film there being the scaredy-cat that I am (Yes I know... the irony that I'm making a psychological thriller I get it...).

     Some props, sticking with the iconography, I want ti utilize for the scene are a vinyl record player. a candle, a chair, a laptop on a stool, and that's it. For lighting, I will be using the yellow natural lighting my garage has from its motion sensor lights that creates a low light feel, and the bright white artificial lighting I have that the garage also offers. With all this in play, all I need to do is find myself an actress! 

See you all very soon!

XOXO

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment