Saturday, April 1, 2017

Filming Day Two



(With how amazing day one of filming went, I feel like I am living on Cloud 9. Everything so far is just really going swimmingly and the photo above just represents my overall state of mind right now)

Day 2

        Before we started filming, Tay and I scouted out a local nature park Markham Park by just driving around it and marking areas we thought that would be cool to film. What a beautiful location it really is. After looking around, our actress Megan met up with us and showed us some of her favorite places to film.

      It was this structure you could climb up that was right on the lake and overlooked everything. It was breathtaking. So we set up base there, and got tons of shots up there. The main goal and tone of the nature scenes was to be a more sobering effect on the viewer, so Megan adjusted her acting style accordingly.

ALSO! Just have to mention how amazing Megan's fashion sense has been thought our entire project. All I have to do is tell her the my idea for the sense, the vibes I want to be perceived, and possibly colors, and she pulls together magic. Honestly I am working with a fashion designer for my project and it is GOALS!

      After that, Megan told us to go into an area she said that was really a great place to shoot, but the sign near the path said "No Trespassing." So... we trespassed anyway! #DoItForTheShot

     Once we got into the area, it was beautiful! There were multiple paths and lots of shaded areas filled with burnt branches and decaying trees. It felt like you were stuck in the middle of the forest thousands of miles away from civilization. We attained a plethora of shots here. Here's a little sneak peak:



     After going deep into the woods, we ended up going to another lake location where we could get close to a beach looking area, also the shots came out looking very different compared to the other water ones. Maybe I'll only use the footage from one of those shooting locations but as of now I think it is good that I have lots of differing footage to chose from.

     Finally, to wrap up the day, we went onto a dock with a warning "Alligator Infested Lake" but hey... #DoItForTheShot

      The water was really murky and green and even reflected some green light, and the old rickety dock created a beautiful juxtaposition between old material and Megan's high fashion sense. It all came together magically even though it was kind of scary standing on a breaking dock we should probably have not been on. But wow was it worth it. Little Behind the Scenes for ya right here:


And that is a wrap of Day Two! I really don't want to post a lot of photos on here of the actual filming because I really want my final product to be a surprise to all of you. So until then you will just keep getting little tastes.


-Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment