Friday, March 17, 2017

Take Me On A Trip



      No silly I'm not talking about an acid trip... I'm talking about a LOCATION SCOUTING TRIP! YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYasdfghjkl;!

Last year I really didn't need to do a lot of location scouting due to the fact I was just doing a film opening and that needed a confined grey looking space like an abandoned warehouse or garage for my AS project Red Room, but this year I'm not doing a horror film, I'm doing a drama trailer package with many more complex scenes with many more locations.

Location 1 :: Cypress Bay High School :: Our main character is a high school Junior, and what a better place to film other that our actual high school. Taylor and I go to "The Bay" and thankfully we go to one of the largest high schools in the whole United States both campus and population size. Meaning that there are various places for us to shoot on campus. With over 50 portables, 3 buildings, a connecting bridge, and a large sports complex, Cypress Bay High School is an excellent and readily available location for shooting shots for our film opening.

Location 2 :: Doctors/Psychiatrist/Therapist Office and Consultation Room :: My Therapist Dr. Victoria is not certain that we will be able to use her office to film due to the fact that she has a very busy schedule and primarily works in that room, in any case her office room does look very good for Taylor and me to use because it literally is a therapists office. If that plan falls through, we can always use my dad's office which can readily and easily be turned into a therapists office look alike as it is small and comforting in decor.

Location 3 :: Bedroom :: We will either be decorating my bedroom or my guest bedroom, as any bedroom will really do. The reason we would use my bedroom would be for the fact I am a bit messy and it really looks like your stereotypical high school Junior/Senior's bed room with pictures and art on the walls and a horribly organized desk (I'm ready let the judging being... but hey don't judge your probably just as bad no shade). And many of our more personal and emotionally driven scenes would happen in the bed room, as this is where many teens regularly spend a majority of their time. Unlike most high school movies that act like high schoolers are never in school and are always partying and have no homework, our trailer will depict a more realistic high school student representation age wise and living wise.

Location 4 :: Glass Shower :: Taylor and I are going to be getting some very risquรฉ shots with the implications that our actress in naked in the shower. The steam of the shower and just the fact that the shower is usually a place where people think all comes together to create a more beautiful and vulnerable scene and get some pretty cool shots. Taylor and I are very excited for the shower scenes in our trailers, so we are going to need to find an actress who is okay with being in a shower scene (for our sake she'd be in a bathing suit).

Location 5 :: Markham Park :: A national park area with lots of trails, lakes, and woodsy areas we could use for some of our more fast paced and confusing shots. Taylor and I even like the idea of having a reflective shot right by the water to create a really beautiful shot. We have a lot of ideas in mind for this location.

     As of now these are the locations Taylor and I have scouted, if we come up with any more in the future we will be sure to let you all know. As for now, that is all I have for you.

-Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment