Thursday, April 7, 2016

Target Audience and Some Thanks

     I'm running out of ways to say hello... so I'll just start this blog posting with...


     To complement my film poster, I decided I'd explain to you my target audience I would try to reach with my film opening. Obviously, through reading previous posts, I have researched and created a horror/psychological thriller film opening; thus, this would make my film automatically target an older audience group due to the nature of the genre. I decided I would give my film a rating of R(Restricted 17+) because the way I see my film going I know that the subject matter is going to be very intense and won't be suitable to a younger viewing audience (with themes of rape, torture, stalking, etc.). It is not necessarily that I see my film being gory and gross in that aspect, but I think the topics in the movie are not appropriate for a 13+ audience.

     The fact that the current generations are all about the movement of technology would aid my film greatly, because my film opening is combining the two things people love the most: videos on the Internet and technology all tied up with a bow under the horror genre.

     I'd also like to use this post as a chance to thank all the people who have aided me with producing this project which has been quite the amazing feat for me.

Jordanne Cantrill: The actress staring in my film opening. Cantrill was so much fun to work with, for one second I'd be filming her screaming in fear and the next we'd be on the ground rolling in laughter. I am truly so blessed to have had the chance to work with her again (we've done other projects together in the past). She is such an incredible actress, and I can't wait for the chance to work with her again one day.

Mom and Dad: Thanks for letting me use the garage even though you didn't want me to... you pulled through.

Sebastian Rios: Sebastian I have also worked with in the past, and even though he had a minor roll in my film opening, he would've been the actual film's protagonist if I continued to film further. He's really nice and chill, and I'm glad I managed to get him in my production.

My Dog Riley: For all the emotion support you lend to me, all the carrots in the world could not repay you.

My Media Studies Teacher Mrs. Stoklosa: I owe literally everything to this woman. She has given me all the tools I needed to succeed and I have never felt so confident going into a major project because this amazing human being has blessed me with her knowledge of media awesomeness. Seriously though, she is probably one of the best teachers I've ever had and I because of her I am now not just a regular consumer, I am an active and alert one who can make boss films, and it's all because of her.

Well, I'll TTYL!

XOXO

-A



     

No comments:

Post a Comment