Tuesday, April 5, 2016

My Film's Poster

Today I decided I would create a beautiful poster for my film opening of Red Room because why not.

     But truthfully I saw many film posters up in my Media Studies classroom that students made from years prior and it inspired me to create my own.
     
     So I looked some movie posters that were up in my classroom that were made by professional film companies, these were Across The Universe (2007) and March of the Penguins (2005).



     Following these amazing movie poster covers for as examples, I managed to create my own original one. I followed conventions of putting credits at the bottom of the film cover to make it seem more professional and credible (Including the production company name I came up with, the director, actor's names, and age rating). I also, like Across The Universe added a little quote on the top of my banner that would complement the film's disturbing theme perfectly.

     To shoot this I went to a room in my friends house that has some battered concrete floor, lit some red mini candles (they smelled like berry cherry OMG I was loving it), turned off the lights (I did not like that part because the dark is scary), and took the photo with my film's title cleverly on a laptop computer screen. All of this fits complements my film and I feel I have customized a poster that represents my film opening.

     That hand you see on the keypad is actually mine, and the way I made the veins pop out of my hand was really simple too but a bit uncomfortable. All I did was use the candle light's natural shadow to aid me and then I pressed my knee into my armpit to constrict blood flow making my veins pop and making for a great shot. Unsafe? Probably... Worth it? Yes!

     Until next time,

XOXO

-A 


No comments:

Post a Comment