Friday, April 1, 2016

I'm Done

     Well, the title says it all! I finished editing last night and added in all my credits!

     I started my editing process feeling overwhelmed by the amount of content I had shot, but I was able to filter through all of it with ease and create this beautiful monster that is my film opening. I added in some sound effects, created my title for the opening, and played a lot with color. In order to make the scene feel more heated and intense, I not only added a more shadowed effect to the scene but I also added some warmth to the color range. The colors became a bit more vivid, but that complemented with some light shadows is the psychological thriller genre convention I was trying to achieve when it came to color/lighting. The main goal of my film opening was to make it seem amateur in a way because many Red Rooms on the web are made by people who don't have professional filming experience, just a computer camera and a video phone. So I needed to have that feel, however, I needed to combine strategic techniques in my filming and editing as to make it a quality piece.

     With this project I met all my goals and more, for I stayed true to my time schedule when it came to personally set due dates, I didn't procrastinate at all, and I managed to surprise myself with how amazingly I was able to apply the knowledge I accumulated from taking a media studies course this year so effortlessly.

     If I could look back on this journey and think if I could change anything, I probably wouldn't, because any mistakes or challenges I made on the way only helped me to become better and the final product that you all will very soon see reflects that. Stay tuned! My film opening for my film Red Room will be released sometime next week. So tell your mama, your best friend, your fifth cousin, your first grade teacher! This is going to be epic...

I'm out,

XOXO

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment