Monday, April 4, 2016

Oops!

Okay! Hi!

     So kind of an awkward situation... I found a little mistake I made in my film opening after viewing my opening a bunch of times. It was nothing major, actually it was something super minor that was on the screen for less than half a second, but it was definitely something that would look unprofessional if not fixed.

     It was a simple editing error I made where a cut from a previous shot somehow made it's way into the next scene and mixed up the chain of events for a split second, which would not work for me nor for someone who is actually trying to critique my film and has the eye to catch a simple misplaced mistake like that.

     It was actually quite a easy fix, I just merged one of my shots a little closer to the next using the iMovie software and 'Poof!' mistake gone. After further review, I realized I wanted to adjust the coloring of the film opening a bit too, so I color corrected it and made all the colors look more vibrant in a way with harder/darker shadows to complement. Overall, it made the film look so much more intense.

     I even edited the sound a bit more, making some folly sounds more intense in the background during my opening shots and other sounds totally muted during other scenes. Like I have a POV Shot from the girl restrained in the chair's point of view where I muted out all of the background noise to a point where the only thing you could hear was her breathing, which turned out really cool!

     So in my last post when I said I was done, I guess I was really wrong because after a lot of reflection I realized I totally was not done at all!

    I'll keep you all posted as to if I make any further changes because I realized through doing this project that the first copy is not always as perfect as I may have thought it was. So it was good that I stepped away for a few days and then revisited with a clear psyche because I was able to see things I was too immune to before. So I just need to slow things down and take more time with everything, for I was so stressed about getting everything done so fast to make my deadlines that maybe I rushed a process that really didn't need to be. All a learning experience in the end though so I will take this lesson with me moving forward.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

XOXO

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment